Thanks to celebrities and models like Kendal Jenner, Katy Perry, Drake, Ariana Grande, Hailey Bieber- the quirkiest 90s trend of sparkling tooth gem is experiencing a resurgence.
It’s the hottest accessory trend that is attached to the tooth to make them a little or a lot extra, and serve as an enhancing element for your smile. The trend has recently come out as a big hit amongst social media leaving everyone just intrigued to add a bling to their smile.
So, for those who are interested in knowing a little more about shimmery tooth gems, keep on reading this blog for a better understanding.
First off, what is a Tooth Gem?
Tooth gems are little metal figures like a stud, dollar sign, moon, star or any shape, that are stuck onto or inside a small hole on one or more of your teeth using dentistry glue.
How do you get a Tooth Gem Installed?
If you are thinking to get one to enhance your smile, always let a professional install it. Doing it on your own can affect the area, also mishandling the crystals in mouth could result in a disaster. In addition, glue applied on gems, isn’t any regular metal glue; it is a professional dentistry glue that only professionals at salons or general cosmetologists use.
So, better take a smart step earlier than regret later with major complications.
Besides, some professionals install tooth gems by drilling a hole into a tooth and then insert a gem. Make sure to clear things in advance by asking about the procedure your professional will use before booking an appointment with them.
Types of Tooth Jewelry
- Dental Gems: Different colors of glass crystals can be attached to your teeth, based on your preference. You can choose from variety of crystal colors including sapphire, rainbow, emerald, ruby, green, aquamarine and diamond.
- Twinkles: These are made of white gold or 24-carat gold material. Varied twinkle design styles are available in the market to make your smile most appealing with elegant accessory.
Let’s familiarize you with a few tooth gem facts now!
- Tooth gems are non-invasive and an absolutely painless procedure.
- No extra maintenance hassles .
- Causes no effect on the tooth enamel when replaced or removed.
- It is stain resistant.
- Takes around 15-20 minutes to complete the whole procedure.
- Does not obstruct your regular brushing technique, even though if you are using an electrical toothbrush.
- Can be applied as a jewel for temporary enhancement which can last up to 1-6 weeks or as a semi-permanent element that will stay until you decide to get it removed.
Now when you are ready to apply a jewel (s) on your tooth, it’s time to understand the aftercare procedure as well. Though there isn’t much, still working on these important aftercare tips can help you to retain your healthy, accented smile.
- When you are done with the application, make sure to not touch the jewel, either by hand or by tongue.
- Do not eat or chew gum for at least 1 hour after the crystal application. Water can be consumed immediately.
- Eating only soft food for 1st 12 hours is better and safe after application.
- Do not brush your teeth for 12 hours. If used electrical toothbrush, expand your timeline for up to 24hours after the placement of gold tooth jewelry or other jewels.
To rock your tooth gem placement game, get it installed on the front and have your ornamental smile outshine other’s.
If you want to know more about the pros and cons of the procedure and the specifications of the jewelry that you want to select, connect with the best tooth jewelry artist in Seattle, Tukwila that will help you flaunt your priceless smile at reasonable rates.